At St. Thomas' C of E Primary School this statement sets out the principles underpinning the curriculum and reflects the school’s commitment to developing all aspects of their pupils’ lives.
At St. Thomas' C of E Primary School we aim for our children to:
- Develop inquisitive minds, a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning
- Be equipped with the skills to fully participate in an ever changing world
- Be respectful and productive members of the community
- Have high expectations and self belief to enable them to fulfil their potential
- Reflect on their learning and seek to extend themselves mentally, physically and spiritually
- Uphold the Christian ethos of the school whilst respecting their own cultures and beliefs and those of other people
- Persevere and learn from their mistakes
- Develop an understanding and respect for the environment and God’s creation
- Have the courage and confidence to take calculated risks
This is the philosophy of how we want to work and learn. These aims underpin all of the learning that takes place in our school. The five outcomes of Every Child Matters, Being Healthy, Staying Safe, Enjoying and Achieving, Economic Well Being and Making a Contribution are reflected in each policy and procedure in our school.
As a Church of England primary school, our core Christian values for everyone at St Thomas' C of E Primary School are:
Love, Faith, Kindness, Peace, Forgiveness and Empathy
For information on the curriculum that each year group follows, please click here.