Early Help Offer
Early Help Offer at St Thomas’ CE Primary School
Early help refers to the offer of any information, advice or support to children, young people and their families as soon as possible in their lives, or when issues emerge, to help prevent problems from escalating.
At St Thomas’ CE Primary School, this is some of the early help we offer you:
- Weekly ‘drop ins’ - come and see Mr Moss or Mr Boot (no appointment needed) on Thursdays or Fridays, and Mrs Parker on Fridays between 8.45 and 9.15 am, if you need support with your child's learning, behaviour, or anything else that you may be worried about. If this time is not suitable, please make an appointment for another time through the school office. In addition, Mr Moss runs regular ‘Talk Shop’ sessions each half term where you can see Mr Moss, without an appointment, to discuss issues which concern you. These are advertised in the school newsletter.
- Common Assessment Framework (CAF). A CAF involves listening to you to find out what help you need, and talking about what is going well in your life. Based on what you say, and what help you would like, a plan is put together so that professionals can work together to make sure you get the right sort of help.
- Hold Family Support Meetings. Some parents/ carers don't feel comfortable having a Family Outreach worker, so we offer Family Support Meetings through school. Mr Moss or Mr Boot lead the meetings, inviting relevant agencies so that we can all work together to give you and your family the support you need.
- Refer to outside agencies such as: Family Outreach Team (formerly known as Family Support), parenting courses, our school health visitor, St Joseph’s Family Centre, play therapy and local Children's Centres.
- Support to complete forms and other paperwork such as: admission to high school and Disability Living Allowance.